Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Little bench time

Got some time over the weekend to get on the vise and tie some flies.  I tied the "One Trick Bunny" i saw in May's issue of Field and Stream (i think it was may).  I also tied some hybrid carp flies i got off of www.intheriffle.com, as well as some pheasant tail soft hackles.  I really low on hooks and waiting for another order to come in tomorrow so i can continue to tie.

Just so everyone is tracking i live in Lawton, Ok.  So we only really get to fish for trout from November through March since that's when the state stocks trout in a creek about 20 min. away.  So most of my fishing is done on Ft. Sill testing out flies I've tied.  We have a ton of big bass, perch, crappie and carp.  I was able to hook up on a little bass today on the carp fly i tied just slow pulling on the bottom of a creek on base.  I would of taken a picture but my leader snapped and i pulled him out of the water.  Guess i really need to start using a net for landing fish.





Here is the One Trick Bunnies I tied.



This was the only picture i took of my tying time.  I'll get more up soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment